Under 18’s COVID-19 Changes
COVID-19 Changes for under 18’s
To enable young people to continue enjoying watersports with us and remain safe we are making changes to the way we run our sessions for under 18’s.
The situation is continually changing. This is current as of 05/06/2020
- Social distancing applies at all times, except in emergency situations, to customers and staff.
- Students will be grouped into bubbles of up to 5 students with a dedicated instructor (There may be occasions the instructor has to change. We will try and minimise any changes)
- Students that are on a course lasting more than one session will be given a wetsuit and buoyancy aid for the duration of the course. These items should be taken home at the end of each day and brought back for the following days activities (please remember to bring a plastic bag to put them in). At the end of the course the items must be returned to us and we will clean and quarantine them. Parents will need to take responsibility for these items whilst in their care. If you have your own wetsuit please feel free to use it.
- Please bring footwear for the students to wear on the water.
- If the course includes a lunch break this will take place within the student bubbles and social distancing will apply.
- Where possible, students will be given their own equipment for each session and equipment swapping will be kept to a minimum. eg each student has their own board and paddle for a session.
- All equipment will be regularly washed down pre and post session by Lagoon Watersports staff.
- Hand washing will occur between sessions.
- The changing rooms may or may not be available (subject to government advice). If they are available the numbers within the changing rooms will be limited and controlled. We aim to provide some temporary outdoor changing facility but please come prepared for the students to change outside.
- Any catering will be take away only.
- Please help us reduce queues on day 1 by completing consent forms and disclaimers online at www.brightonboating.co.uk/activity-disclaimers/
- To ease daily check in and out we are trying to create an online system. It may or may not be ready in time.
- Please keep valuables to a minimum. We will provide bag storage and wipes to clean bags.
- Please take extra care to take all belongings home with you at the end of the session.
- If parents stay to watch sessions please maintain social distancing.
- If we are unable to deliver the course due to Corona Virus we will NOT be able to offer refunds. We will provide a full credit that can be used on any activities we offer that is valid for 24 months.
Any questions / suggestions please contact us.
Error: Contact form not found.